More hanging project storage

The past month has been craaazy for me, and I haven’t really been crafting much.  However, I did manage to finish up all the bags I wanted to make for my hanging project storage system.  Before it looked like this.  Now it looks like this:

Craft Wall UpdateA little eclectic, but much less plastic, which I’m quite happy with.  The three center bags were made following these tutorials: brown bag, blue and white bag, blue-green bag.

I liked all three patterns a lot, but I discovered that if you’re going to be hanging your bag, drawstrings are not a good idea as the bag hangs too low.  I also wanted larger bags for larger projects, so I came up with my own design based on scaled-up versions of my favorite features of the aforementioned patterns (both outer bags — the left one has interfacing while the right one does not, which is why they look a bit different).

As for what I have in the bags, from left to right:

Dragon projectA dragon puppet from a kit I’ve been working on for ages.  I’d like to have it and it’s matching knight puppet done by Christmas, but I rarely think to work on it, so I’m hoping that having it on the wall will help.

Headband projectA knitted lace headband that just needs a few finishing touches (namely connecting it into a circle) before being photographed and listed in my Etsy shop.  My camera was not cooperating today, so it doesn’t really show, but the yarn is sparkly gold.

Socks projectSupplies for a pair of cabled, knee-high socks for me. As you can see, I’ve barely started them, and already I need to rip back since I realized my calculations were off…

Washcloth projectAbout a fifth of a cotton dishcloth with a dragon pattern.  I have quite a bit of cotton yarn that I’ve been wondering how to use, and a lot of people seem to use it for dishcloths.  I’ve never used it for that before, so I’m testing it out (with my white since I’d like to know how much it stains as well as how good it is at cleaning).

The last bag has a couple of greeting cards that need a few finishing touches before being listed in my Etsy shop.  No photo at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll have one later.

So far this method of storage has worked really well for me — I actually finished all my mending that I’d been putting off for ages yesterday so I had room for another project!

Advertisements